Spring cleaning for your dog is a great way to refresh their environment and keep them healthy and happy. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Grooming: Brush your dog's coat to remove any loose fur and dirt. Give them a bath if needed, using a mild dog shampoo.
- Cleaning their bed: Wash your dog's bedding, toys, and other items they use frequently. Use hot water and a pet-safe detergent to remove any bacteria or parasites that may have accumulated.
- Cleaning their feeding area: Wash your dog's food and water bowls with hot, soapy water. Consider replacing old or worn-out bowls with new ones.
- Check their medications: Spring is a great time to check your dog's medications and ensure they are up-to-date on their flea and tick preventative, heartworm medication, and any other medications they may need.
- This is also a perfect time to worm your dog, we recommend a simple broad-spectrum wormer such as Panacur (easily obtained on Amazon, by weight of dog).
Just like humans, dogs are benefited by a good detox. Seasonal cleansing of your pet will keep them younger in spirit, increase their energy, and boost their overall health.
Most importantly, if your dog is showing any signs of excessive scratching, paw-licking, shaking of their head, dragging their butt or redness around their eyes, ears, or nose. If so:
To help your pet detox his system, change his diet for 2 weeks, following the below regimen:
- Day 1-2: Broth Fast Feed your pet only beef or chicken broth, supplying as much as the pet desires
- Day 3-4: Small Raw Diet Feed a mixture of 80% raw meat and 20% chopped leafy greens(collard greens, kale, spinach, mustard greens, etc.) at the quantity of 1 cup for every 70lbs of adult dog weight per day
- Day 4-14: Full Raw Diet, Increase the same raw mixture to 1 cup for every 35lbs. of dog weight per day
- Day 15+16 Return to Viand, now that your pet has reduced the toxins in their system, you can return to Viand in HALF the normal quantities you’ve fed in the past for two days
- Day 17 and on: Return to the full amount of Viand you have always provided.
Make sure to track your pet’s daily progress. Remarkable changes can occur in attitude and physical well-being, which you would not want to miss. By following these tips, you can help ensure your dog is healthy and happy throughout the spring season.
If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me at email@example.com, thank you,