Just because something is harmless to humans does not mean it will be harmless to cats. Every day, felines are being poisoned without intended menace.
To keep your feline healthy, never let them eat:
- Chocolate: The chemical Theobromine in chocolate may make humans relax, but in cats it can cause abnormal heart rhythm, tremors, seizures or even death.
- Candy and Gum: Sugar-free candies are often sweetened with Xylitol, which is known to increase a cat’s insulin, cause liver failure, vomiting, lethargy, and seizures.
- Dog Food: Cats and dogs are not created equal. Cats require additional protein, certain vitamins and fatty acids that dogs do not. Feeding cats a diet of dog food will cause them to become malnourished.
- Human Medication: Painkillers and chemical additives like ibuprofen and acetaminophen may be deadly for cats.
- Aloe: Great for burns and stomach aches in humans, aloe can cause vomiting, depression, diarrhea, and tremors in cats.
- Chamomile: A simple cup of chamomile tea may sound harmless and relaxing, but for felines, it brings on vomiting, diarrhea, anorexia, and bleeding.
For a healthy cat, it is best to keep risky foods off counters and stored away, and to feed your feline a healthy diet of Viand Feline Cat Food, a protein-rich meal.